Wondering what it takes for an eCommerce store to succeed in today’s competitive digital landscape? Quite simple; a great visual appeal that highlights your product offerings and easy-to-use features that makes shopping fun and hassle-free.
Thankfully, Shopify store owners have 3000+ apps specially designed to improve business performance and increase sales. There are many paid as well as free Shopify apps available.
However, choosing the right apps to integrate with your store while keeping in mind the operational costs can be a daunting cost.
This article presents you with 10 best free Shopify apps that will help you increase sales, market business, provide exceptional customer support, inventory management and more.
Want a quick way to find a product, list it on your Shopify store, and start selling it to your customers?
In just a few clicks, Oberlo allows you to import dropshipped products and ship them to your customers. By automating this process, Oberlo frees up your time to spend on growing your business, rather than sourcing and shipping products.
- Edit your products before you list them: change titles, descriptions, images, and pricing.
- Set up multiple users to log in and manage Oberlo.
- Track store earnings, sales, and costs in a simple-to-use dashboard.
Free plan available; paid plans from $29.90 to $79.90 per month.
If you’re serious about improving your customer experience, Aftership is the Shopify app you need.
With Aftership, you can create a custom branded order tracking page and send automatic notifications to update your customer about their orders until they receive it.
- Build your own branded order tracking page with your logo and customizable color scheme. You can also include a product marketing banner and Instagram image feeds to engage and upsell your customers.
- Show the delivery status to your customers with all the details they need, such as the whereabouts of their order, tracking number, name and contact number of the courier, and more.
- Update your customers in a timely manner using automated email or text notifications well before they ask.
Free plan available; paid plans from $9 to $999 per month. SMS charges additional.
Omnisend started as an email marketing solution for Shopify stores. Over time, they added more channels to their app, including SMS, push notification, Facebook Messenger, and more.
With Omnisend, you set up marketing automation using their prebuilt workflow to communicate with customers across all channels.
- Multiple channel integration, such as emails, SMS, push notifications, and more, in one marketing automation workflow.
- Robust segmentations based on shopping and email behaviors to help you send highly targeted messages to your customers.
- Syncs with Google and Facebook ads to automatically retarget your customers.
Free plan available; paid plans from $13 to $80 per month (billed annually). Enterprise plan with custom pricing is available.
Facebook Messenger is growing in an incredible pace:
- 1.3 billion users using Facebook Messenger every month.[*]
- Customers and businesses exchange at least 8 billion messages a day.[*]
- Businesses see engagement 10-80 times better than emails.[*]
Want in on the action?
Recart is here to help. It’s a top Messenger marketing app on the Shopify App Store, installed by over 130,000 Shopify merchants.
- Sticky discount box, improved customer chat, and order page subscription to help build your Messenger list.
- Automated Messenger campaigns, including abandoned cart reminders, shipping notifications, product review requests, and more.
Pricing based on extra revenue generated by the app, starting from $29 per month. Scale Plan with higher-tier features from $499 per month.
Recommendations from friends is the #1 trusted source of advertising.
But you rarely get people shouting in the streets about your product or service without a little nudge. The best way to increase recommendations is to create a referral or loyalty program.
Smile.io enables you to do just that. In a couple of clicks, you could have your own referral program encouraging existing customers to refer their friends and promote your store for you.
Smile.io – Easy-to-use loyalty programs for small businesses also allows you to create loyalty and VIP programs so that you can drive more revenue from your existing customers.
- Loyalty points program that nudges visitors and customers to take action, like creating a customer account, placing an order, or leaving reviews.
- Referral program that helps create social proof with word-of-mouth marketing.
- VIP program that strengthens your engagement with customers and grows revenue with upsells.
Start free; paid plans from $49 to $599 per month, an enterprise plan starting at $1,000 per month.
6. ROI HUNTER
A vast majority of your visitors won’t buy on their first visit; that’s why retargeting ads are crucial to many Shopify stores.
The process of setting up a retargeting pixel and writing ads is soul-crushing, especially when you have multiple products.
ROI Hunter is the Shopify that can help you set up retargeting ads on Google and Facebook in a few clicks.
- Automatically retargets visitors through Google and Facebook Ads without the need to access your Google Ads account or Facebook Ads Manager.
- Create better-looking and better-performing ads for all your products using ad overlay with one click.
Free plan available; paid plans from $29 to $299 per month. Does not include cost of ads.
7. BOLD UPSELL
Most of us don’t go to McDonald’s for fries, but for burgers. But McDonald’s serves millions of pounds of fries every day. All because of a simple phrase: “Would you like some fries with that?”
And here’s an equally powerful phrase — “Would you like to supersize that?” — that increases McDonald’s bottom line by many folds.
That’s the power of cross-selling (“would you like some fries with that?”) and upselling (“Would you like to supersize that?”) .
While you’re not selling burgers and fries, what if you could do the same for your Shopify store?
Bold Upsell is here to help. This app lets you show a cross-sell or upsell pop-up to offer your customers when they shop. Your customer can then add the offer to their cart with a single click.
- Create and offer a cross-sell or an upsell on your product page or cart page.
- Display up to three upsells in a single funnel. Customize the funnel based on whether your customers accept or decline the previous upsell.
From $9.99 to $89.99 per month, depending on offer views.
8. GOOGLE SHOPPING
Google Shopping integrates with Google Merchant Center to get your shop and product info on Google properties like search, Google ads, and YouTube.
- Sync the products in your Shopify store with Google Merchant Center to create a Google Product Feed. When you update your product information in Shopify, the app automatically sends the feed to Google Merchant Center.
- Smart Shopping Campaign that lets you create Google ads easily by setting the daily budget.
Free; option for paid advertising.
9. SEO IMAGE OPTIMIZER
We all know Google is the world’s biggest search engine. But what about the world’s second biggest search engine?
YouTube? Bing? Facebook?
According to a study on Sparktoro, the second largest search engine in the U.S. is Google Images!
So if you’re not optimizing your Shopify store images for Google Images Search, then you’re missing out on a TON of opportunity to grow your store.
Thankfully, SEO Image Optimizer is here to help you…
SEO Image Optimizer takes just a couple of minutes to set up and will then automatically optimize the alt text for EVERY image on your site for Google.
- Automatically optimize the alt text for images on your Shopify store.
- Automatically check new images weekly.
Free plan available; paid plan $24.99 per month.
10. SHOGUN LANDING PAGE BUILDER
Want to customize your store design to match your brand but no custom themes can do that?
Use Shogun Landing Page Builder to design custom product pages, blog posts, and sales funnels. It’s a drag-and-drop page builder with 24+ design elements, and comes with tools for A/B testing and measuring performance.
- Drag-and-drop page builder with a robust element library.
- More than 30 mobile-optimized page templates that incorporate the latest design best practices to help you quickly launch your store.
- Built-in A/B testing, analytics tools, and customizable, on-page SEO elements.
- Product page editor that lets you take complete control of your product page design.
Free trial; paid plans from $39 to $149 per month.
11. TIDIO LIVE CHAT
You’re looking for a live chat app to engage with your customers in real time. But what if you can get more than just a live chat app?
Tidio combines live chat, chatbots, and marketing automation into one single app for your Shopify store.
By adding Tidio chat to your store, you let your customers contact you in real time. And when you’re not online, bots will automatically reply to popular inquiries you set up upfront.
- Engage with your customers in real time by adding a live chat button everywhere in your store.
- Set up chatbots that will recover cart abandonment, check product availability, inform about delivery status, and give the estimated delivery time.
Free plan available; paid plans from $10 per month
12. WHATSAPP CHAT + ABANDONED CART
With 1.6 billion monthly active users and higher user penetration compared to its competitor among many countries and regions, WhatsApp marketing could be the next big thing.
If you want to get ahead of your competitors, you should get onboard before everyone else. And WhatsApp Chat Button is here to help.
The Shopify app adds a WhatsApp chat and share button to your store and lets you send abandoned cart recovery, order confirmation, order tracking, delivery updates, and other WhatsApp notifications.
- Add a WhatsApp chat and share button to your Shopify store with no code added to your store theme.
- Send automated or manual abandoned cart recovery messages. You can preconfigure your messages with discount codes to help you recover sales.
- Send automated or manual order confirmation, fulfilment, and notifications via WhatsApp.
Free plan available; paid plan $30 per month.
I wish you good luck with your E-commerce journey.